Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Please never pass the chicken.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I was never queasy or anything like that. I always said that if I got "morning sickness" I'd be happy because it would be a symptom!!! Well, I guess what I have is more of an afternoon sickness! And it really does make me happy! haha. I spend much of the afternoon with a little yucky feeling and I am VERY hard to please when it comes to dinner. :)

On Valentine's Day we were eating fajitas, and I could almost swear that I saw the piece of chicken like as a real chicken, wings, feathers, and all. No more chicken for me, please. I was SO grossed out. ;) However, today at Chickfila, I discovered that if the chicken is fried, and delightfully camouflaged in a crispy covering, I am okay with it. Like it is wearing a costume...and maybe not really chicken. But straight chicken? No thanks. :)

When we were trying to get pregnant, I was a vegetable eating maniac! But now, I have to really force myself to eat my veggies. I have gotten so picky!!! V8 Juice here I come.....!

Enjoying every minute...even the queasy ones.

5 comments:

  1. You should roast some veggies with olive oil and a bit of garlic or rosemary.

    Toss some asparagus, sweet potato cubes, and mushrooms in a baking dish with some olive oil and garlic. Put them in the oven at 400 until tender.

    SO tasty.

    And yay symptoms!!! Sending you virtual Saltines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! Someone told me Preggy Pops (I think that's the name) worked well. Glad to see you're enjoying morning sickness! What a great attitude! A few months ago my mom gave me a powdered drink mix called Ruby Reds (www.rubyreds.com). Don't know where she got it locally, but its a Superfoods, antioxidants drink with all kinds of fruits and other very healthy immune boosting foods in it. It's not the best tasting stuff around, but I mix mine with a little sprite and take all my pills with it. Gotta drink it that way!

    Love the recipe above. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleeping was my "yucky feeling" cure. I am enjoying reading your blogs and am so glad to have more specifics prayer points!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleeping was my "yucky feeling" cure. I am enjoying reading your blogs and am so glad to have more specifics prayer points!

    ReplyDelete