Monday, September 21, 2009

A little bit frustrating...

....but in hindsight, slightly funny.

Remember on Thursday when I desperately pleaded with Dr. Fancy's nurse to squeeze me in on Friday? And she said I had to be a real patient and that consult patients could not get squeezed in? And since then I've seen my OB and been trasferred as an official "real patient" to Dr. Fancy.....

Well, today, in a moment of I-can't-wait-til-Wednesday panic, I called her back, left a message and asked to be seen tomorrow. Six hours later she calls me back and says that Dr. Fancy is at his satellite office tomorrow and it is only for consult patients. Since I am a real patient now I can't see him.

Oh well. Wednesday it is!

PS. Baby Sam is FULL TERM today. Hallelujah!

5 comments:

  1. I know you guys are so nervous. Maybe all the Dr. Fancy business is God's way of saying that all is well and leave baby Sam put for a minute longer. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy, I remember your family from grade school and saw the link from Melissa's blog. I will be keeping you guys and baby Sam in my prayers. My 20 month-old son also has a CHD (his is Atrial Septal Defect) which will likely require open heart surgery next year. I know a few friends who've been on this journey, including a few whose babies had OHS soon after birth in Houston. Let me know if you'd like me to pass on any information!
    Blair (Swan) Bailey
    blairandsteven AT yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy full-term day, Sam!!......we love you and are praying for you!....tell your mom & dad to call on us for anything, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Sam is exactly where God wants him. What a blessing that he's such a big baby!

    Praying for you as you face this mountain. God may move it. He may help you over it. One way or another, He will bring you safely to the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica, I am so glad I found your blog ( through facebook). I am praying for you and Baby Sam and am so excited to catch up on what has been going on with you! You are such a sweet person and I find comfort knowing you are so close to God!
    Julie (Bulnes) Emmons

    ReplyDelete