Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ain't He a Cutie?




Well, as it turns out, three days with a stabbing pain in my tummy is about all I can take. :) Who knew?? I decided that I'm the only one who can really speak up for this baby boy -- and I needed to make sure everything is okay in there! (Which, long story short, IT IS!!!)
(By the way, I can't get blogger to put spaces between my paragraphs....)

Yesterday on the phone, I got the nurse to say they'd "squeeze me in" today for an appointment with the doctor. But not before she gave me a little pep talk about "enjoying my pregnancy" and "not worrying about everything". Which caused me to want to say, "I do enjoy my pregnancy, but it is hard to enjoy it without worrying after losing 2 babies!!!!" But....of course, I just listened to her and waited for her to tell me what time to come in. Because she does make a good point. And I very much need her on my side. :)
So I went it for my 10 am "appointment", waited for the doctor til about 11:15 (about which I would never complain, and am just grateful for being squeezed in), was scheduled for an ultrasound at 12:30 and told to go eat lunch while I waited. Which was about when I went to the cafeteria and cried on the phone to my mom. I'm not really sure why. But part of me felt bad about imposing on the doctor and embarrassed that I'd just been there (for my regular checkup) last Thursday. But a peanut butter and jelly (and a cookie), along with a nice chat with my mom (who was playing hookie and I suspect in the pool -- I heard some splashing!) and I was back on track. Oh, and there's a maternity boutique in the building too, so that helped. :)
My 12:30 ultrasound, I was told, could take anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours,
because they were, indeed, "squeezing me in". It did not take that long at all!! The tech confirmed that we are REALLY having a boy!!! :) She checked everything out, it was double checked by a radiologist, and then I was sent back to my doctor who told me that the baby looks "perfect"! Perfect fluid levels, perfect blood flow (wahoo! blood flow is kind of a buzz word for a girl with MTHFR), perfect size (he weighs a pound and a half!!!), etc.
Five hours later I was headed home! :) This is where I should thank SUGAR for helping out with Emma alllllllllllll day. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Emma is such a trooper for appointments, but five hours is a really long time!! She sure had a blast with her Sugar. :)
So, Baby Sam is GREAT. Nothing appears to be wrong. So we leave it at a pulled muscle. And ohmygoodness, I can't tell you how much it hurts. But at least now I know it isn't hurting the baby.
On the way home, I was listening to KSBJ and the DJ was talking about fear. And she was saying that God didn't make us to have a spirit of fear. And that we should go forth with bold confidence that God is taking care of us.
And that is where I am right now. I am trying to take things one day at a time and go forward with bold confidence that God is taking care of Baby Sam. Because I do believe He is!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute lil' guy! Sorry your day was so long (but Sugar LOVED every minute of it!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandude and I are at our respective laptops, hearing that beautiful song (that plays on the blog) in stereo while we each read of your day yesterday. =) You have, in so many ways, filled our house with a symphony! Love, GJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those pictures are amazing!!! I can't wait to see him OUTSIDE the womb! :) I love his little fingers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problem with my nurses. I finally just realized that this is my ob' passion and the nurses job...and there is a big difference. I feel your frustration, girl, do I feel it!

    Don't feel bad about calling them, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR! Glad baby Sam is perfect!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete